Set up preferred seat on PokerStars
Setting Up Preferred Seat
Caution: If you do not configure this feature correctly the the wrong stats will display next to the players. You can always check that the correct player's stats are showing by hovering the mouse pointer over a stat and checking that the player name in the tooltip agrees with the player sitting in that seat.
- Configure the preferred seat option on PokerStars. Options->Preferred Seat->Select max number of seat->select preferred seat. The seats are numbered like this:
- Open the HUD_config.xml file with a text editor. If you don't know how to find the HUD_config.xml file, see Confirm config file location.
- Find the site element for PokerStars. If you don't immediately see it, search for "PokerStars"
- The element should look like this (possibly all on 1 line):
<site HH_path="~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PokerStars/HandHistory/XXXXXX/" decoder="pokerstars_decode_table" screen_name="YOUR SCREEN NAME" site_name="PokerStars" site_path="~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PokerStars/" table_finder="PokerStars">
- Insert your PokerStars screen name inside the quotes in the screen_name attribute instead of YOUR SCREEN NAME
- Now find the layout element for the table with number of seats correct number of seats. For an 8 max table it will look like this:
<layout fav_seat="0" height="546" max="8" width="792">
- As before, insert your preferred seat number in the fav_seat attribute in place of the 0, shown above.
- Save your changes.
- Exit the text editor and play some poker. gl